By D. E. Wittkower
By George A. Dunn, Jason T. Eberl
“Brains earlier than bullets” – old and smooth knowledge for “mechanics and motorbike enthusiasts”
Essential interpreting for enthusiasts of the convey, this booklet takes readers deeper into the Sons of Anarchy motorbike membership, the Teller-Morrow relatives, and the ethics that encompass their lives and activities.
- Provides attention-grabbing ethical insights into Sons of Anarchy, its key characters, plot strains and ideas
- Investigates compelling philosophical matters centering on loyalty, responsibility, the ethics of battle, authority, faith and no matter if the ends justify the means
- Teaches advanced philosophical rules in a manner that’s available to the final curiosity reader with a view to motivate them to additional studying of the nice philosophers
- Authors use their deep wisdom of the exhibit to light up subject matters that aren't continuously obvious even to die-hard fans
By Zach Meston
Filenote: PDF is searchable photograph ocr, 240 pages with back and front cover.
Publish yr note: First released 1991
Rescue Zelda from the Evil Ganon
That darned Triforce is usually getting Zelda into hassle. Rescue her with the best of ability through the use of the secrets and techniques chanced on here!
• mystery goods, Faeries, and middle packing containers uncovered.
• Maps of the Dungeons and the sunshine and darkish Worlds.
• innovations for defeating each boss.
• tremendous secrets and techniques that display the best tricks!
By Karma Waltonen, Denise Du Vernay
The thing of a lot debate, recognition, and scholarship because it first aired greater than twenty years in the past, The Simpsons offers first-class, if unforeseen, fodder for top institution and school lesson plans. finally, guffawing scholars are not often sound asleep scholars! however the Simpsons additionally offers a well-recognized pupil wisdom base which teachers can use as a jumping-off aspect to introduce ideas in literature, composition, linguistics, cultural reports, gender reports, and media appreciation. The authors, either one of whom were educating The Simpsons for greater than a decade, proportion routines, activates, or even syllabi that experience confirmed winning of their personal classes.
By Richard Greene
Within the early days of Pong and Pac guy, games little greater than an idle hobby. this present day, games make up a multi-billion buck that competitors tv and picture.
The online game Theory Reader brings jointly interesting new paintings at the many ways games are reshaping the face of leisure and our dating with expertise. Drawing upon examples from largely well known video games starting from Space Invaders to Final delusion IX and Combat Flight Simulator 2, the members speak about the connection among games and different media; the shift from 3rd- to first-person video games; players and the gaming group; and the real sociological, cultural, business, and financial matters that encompass gaming.
The online game Theory Reader is the basic creation to a desirable and speedily increasing new box of media experiences.
By David Albert Jones
The ebook of Genesis depicts them as doing unusual things--mating with the daughters of fellows to spawn giants, for instance, and wrestling with Jacob for no obvious cause. In It's a superb Life, Frank Capra spun a story of 1 as a bumbling helper of people; in Wings of Desire, Wim Wenders advised of 1 who needed to be human. they're angels, after all, they usually have interested us for the reason that recorded heritage began.
In Angels, David Albert Jones presents a crisp, broad-ranging survey of angels in theology, philosophy, and pop culture. targeting Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, he examines how angels were imagined and defined, and why they proceed to captivate us. Jones explores the classical discussion--what they're made up of, after they got here to be, what percentage there are, and no matter if a person ever did ask what percentage may well dance at the head of a pin. He names the archangels, surveys different hierarchies, and examines how they've got replaced over the years. Jones explains, for instance, how cherubim turned cherubs, and why angels within the Hebrew Bible are usually male, yet in later artwork grew to become androgynous, or maybe woman by way of the 20th century. The publication explores the concept that devil was once a fallen angel (a trust no longer shared through Islam), and appears at demons and exorcism. yet Jones concentrates on stable angels, of their roles as messengers, guardians, or helpers. He seems to be at why the assumption of angels is still so appealing, and so powerful in glossy culture--even between nonbelievers.
From scripture to cinema, Jones bargains a sweeping, obtainable creation to this amazing phenomenon. even if we think in angels or now not, he argues, the research in their position in cultures prior and current can train us a lot approximately humanity.
By Theodor W. Adorno
The construction of the Frankfurt institution of serious thought within the Twenties observed the start of a few of the main intriguing and not easy writings of the 20th century. it truly is out of this history that the good critic Theodor Adorno emerged. His best essays are gathered the following, supplying the reader remarkable insights into Adorno's techniques on tradition. He argued that the tradition commodified and standardized all paintings. In flip this suffocated individuality and destroyed severe pondering. on the time, Adorno used to be accused of every thing from overreaction to deranged hysteria by way of his many detractors. In cutting-edge global, the place even the least cynical of customers knows the effect of the media, Adorno's paintings takes on a extra quick importance. The tradition Industry is an unrivalled indictment of the banality of mass tradition.
By Gladys L. Knight
This booklet deals 25 profiles of a few of the most well-liked woman motion heroes during the historical past of movie, tv, comedian books, and video games.
• includes 25 profiles, prepared alphabetically
• 70 sidebars offer more information on pertinent subject matters, contributors, and symbols
• features a chronology of significant appearances of the 25 lady motion heroes in movie, tv, comedian books, and games, in addition to women's style tendencies and significant occasions in women's history
• deals a photo of every featured, girl motion hero
• offers a word list of 39 phrases, together with lady archetypes like "femme fatale" and social hobbies like "third-wave feminism"
• presents a specific bibliography of books and websites regarding the themes of woman motion heroes, women's background, and media studies